Thursday, April 23, 2009

The first try...


I got a dandy little shower timer for earth week.
Exactly five minutes when the sand runs out.
I have yet to try it out. It will definitely be a challenge when I do tho.
Something I have tried on the other hand is 'plugging the tub while showering' test. If by the end of your shower you're using less water than it would take to have a bath then that's a good thing. I am proud to say i passed the test. However, it was pretty close. I also thought to do something somewhat clever. I used that excess water to shave my legs in! Saves time, water and I still get to be feminine! So that's one of my tricks. My other one is since I have extremely thick hair I can get away with washing my hair every other day because it doesn't get as greasy as fast. So that cuts down my time as well.
Maybe once I get really, really good at showering in under 5 minutes I will reward myself by getting a shower head that releases less water at a time and some biodegradable towels.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chrissay!

    I admire your 5 minute shower! I too love long soaks in hot water. One thing I'm doing right now to save water is reusing my dish rinsewater to mop the kitchen floor -- it's slightly soapy and still clean from rinsing dishes so it's just right for mopping.

    ReplyDelete